- Computer and electrical rooms / Data Centres
- Dry cleaning plants
- Bank vaults and depositories
- Museums and archives
- Transformer vaults
- Chemical and flammables storage
- Engine compartments
- Spray booths
- Research laboratories
- Records storage
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF SV, MV AND LV SYSTEMS
The SV (small volume), MV (medium volume) and LV (large volume) series' of Novec-1230 fire suppression systems refer to the volume contained, and some variations in the components included, valve widths and the number of cylinders involved. Choosing the right series for the area you need to protect is important for effective fire suppression. The SV series supports 3 cylinders with sizes ranging from 40-130lb, with a 1 1/4 inch discharge outlet and a 3/8 inch pilot actuation part. Like the MV series, the SV series has a rupture disc that bursts between 850 psi (58.6 bar) and 1000 psi (68.9 bar)
The MV series supports 2 large cylinders with a normal cylinder size of 250- 450lb, with a 2 inch discharge outlet and a 1/4 inch pilot actuation part. The MV series' rupture disc bursts at 850 psi (5 8.6 bar) and 1000 psi (68.9 bar), just like the SU series. The LV series supports 3 large cylinders weighing 600-1000 lb, each with a 3 inch discharge outlet and a 1/4 inch pilot actuation part. The LV series' rupture disc is mounted right on the cylinder, not the valve
NOVEC 1230 CLEAN AGENT FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS Novec 12030 fluid is a clear, colorless and low odor liquid perfectly suited to protect high value assets in areas that may be normally occupied, in locations where clean-up of other agents is problematic, when storage space for a fire suppression agent is restricted, or when an electrically non-conductive agent is required. Each system consists of the foll owing components and their associated accessories:
AGENT STORAGE COMPONENTS
- Storage components consist of the cylinder assembly(s), which contains the Novec 1230 fluid, and the cylinder bracket(s), which holds the cylinder assembly securely in place.
AGENT FLUID DISTRIBUTION COMPONENTS
- Distribution components consist of the discharge nozzles used to introduce the Novec 1230 fluid into a protected hazard along with the associated piping system used to connect the nozzles to the cylinder assembly.
- Trim components complete the installation of the suppression system and consist of connection fittings, pressure gauge, low-pressure supervisory switch, electric valve actuator, and manual valve actuator.
SLAVE ARRANGEMENT COMPONENTS
- Slave arrangement components consist of the pneumatic valve actuator(s), actuation check valve, vent check, actuation hose, and fittings required for a multiple cylinder (slave) arrangement.
- Supplemental components include the discharge pressure switch and manifold check valve. They supplement the core equipment or complete a specific multicylinder configuration
- This device monitors the condition of the electric actuator, detectors, warning devices, cylinder pressure, and any manual release and abort stations. All electric or electronic devices must connect to the control panel in order to function.
DETECTION AND ALARM DEVICES
- Detection devices coupled with manual release and abort stations maximize system efficiency while audible and visual alarm devices alert staff of alarm conditions.