The DBCHECKERTM Decibel Reader DB01 is ideal for measuring the sound pressure levels for audible alarm notification appliances as mandated by the National Fire Alarm & Signaling Code. Merely “listening” or utilizing any sound level meter available is not a reliable method of testing audible alarm notification appliances. Many of the meters currently on the market do not meet the requirements for NFPA 72. dB Checker conforms to ANSI S1.4a, which is required to meet the standard set forth in the latest edition of the National Fire Alarm Code. Two models are available to support either A frequency weighting (dB02) or A to C frequency rating (dB01).
- Easy to use & designed to meet the requirements of Life Safety Engineers
- Meets ANSI S1.4a Type 2 and IEC651 Type 2 standards (Required by NFPA 72)
- Large back-lit LCD plus analog bar graph
- Wide input frequency range with “A” weighting (Model dB02)
- A or C frequency weighting (Model dB01)